Image Map

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta (Everyday Eats)


I haven't posted one of these, "Everyday Eats/Weeknight Dinners" posts in FOREVERRRRRR! This series, which is getting a name change, is basically a recipe of things we eat on the regular. I've usually photographed them with my cell phone, on a whim, in not the best lighting, but, hey that's real life. This is a major favorite around here, and when all four of us love something you know it's a winner!

Ok, this isn't totally a one pot meal but other than the pasta it's all made in the instant pot or any pressure cooker. I've also made it on the stove top and I'll make, photograph and post that way as well. This way takes just as long but it's almost totally hands off. There is some sauteing and then you set it and forget it When the pressure is coming back to normal, you boil the pasta, make the guacamole and chop the cilantro. Super easy! I can put it on, help the kids with homework then come back and finish dinner.



So, this is in no way a real Mexican dish, but it is so delicious! I've been making the stove top way for yearsssssss, but when I got my Instant Pot, this was one of my first experiments. A couple of tweaks later and we have this beauty! You could absolutely use rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa or even zoodles with this! I will probably making it with noodles for my heathens and zoodles for me next time just to clean it up for me.

This is most definitely going to be a summer staple around here. It's perfect for the days when I want to throw something together then head back outside with my lunatics or the days when we're gone most of the day and I can do the browning, toss everything else in the pot, set the timer to the time I want, head out and come to an almost finished meal.



Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
feeds approximately 8 people
click to print



2.5-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken (breast or thigh)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped

2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dried cilantro
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
1 28 oz can of enchilada sauce
1 14.5 can of diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup shredded cheese (more for topping)
1 16 oz box of pasta

To top:
shredded cheese
guacamole
cilantro
sour cream or crema


Turn pressure cooker to saute, add oil and allow to heat up, and add chicken a couple of pieces at a time, brown for a few minutes on each side. You're not trying to cook through, you're just browning and getting a nice sear on each side. Remove and sit aside, then repeat for the remainder of the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, add in onions, mushrooms, garlic and peppers to pot and saute until softened and translucent. Turn the pot off, add chicken back in along with everything, but pasta and cheese and toss everything together. Turn to high pressure and set for 15 minutes. Once it has finished cooking and is releasing pressure, start and cook the box of pasta, according to package directions. Once you can open the lid, use two forks to shred chicken and stir in cheese. Drain and add in pasta. Scoop into bowls and top with your choice of delicious things.



Enjoy!
Until next time,
xoxo,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment