Image Map

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bacon Avocado Teriyaki Burger

Just looking at this burger is killing me! I adore it so!


   I'm not a huge burger eater. I rarely order burgers from restaurants because I'm usually underwhelmed. I guess growing up with a "grill master" father has spoiled me. I think he would be proud of me on this one. I should make it for him sometime, with some hibiscus tea. He loves that stuff! 


   This burger is a combination of a few different burgers I've ordered that I actually enjoyed. I know you are going to look at the list of ingredients and think I have lost my mind! Trust me here! I've come up with some crazy stuff before but this is one of my best! 

Bacon + Avocado + Munster + Teriyaki Mushrooms + Horseradish + Spinach = Delicious


   I'm not going to give you a recipe for the burger with this one. Because I couldn't tell you what my meat mixture was or how long it stayed on the grill. But I do know exactly what I did to the mushrooms and how I assembled it. It was one of those crazy nights when I made them and scrambled to photograph before I totally lost any sun. I also and not a grill master like my dad. And everyone has their own favorite way they like their meat coked. I'm a medium girl with burgers but a medium rare with steak. 



Bacon Avocado Teriyaki Burger
serves 4
(click to print)

2 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons horseradish
4 hamburger buns
4 cooked hamburger patties
4 slices munster cheese
1 avocado, mashed
teriyaki mushrooms (recipe follows)
8 strips of bacon, cooked

Stir together the horseradish and mayo. Spread on each side of the buns. While your patties finish cooking to your liking, place a slice of cheese on each one and allow to melt. When you add the cheese also place your buns mayo side down on your grill, griddle, pan, etc. Allow to toast. Once the buns are toasted and cheese is melted start assembly. Place a handful of spinach on the bottom of each bun and the burgers on top of that. Spoon some of the mushrooms on top of each burger then top with two strips of bacon. Smear some of the avocado on the top buns and and place on the bottom part of the burger. Now they are ready to eat! ENJOY!

Teriyaki Mushrooms

2 cups baby bellas, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons honey

In a small skillet, over medium heat saute mushrooms until slightly browned. Add in teriyaki sauce and honey. Cook until mushrooms are coated and sauce has thickened slightly, serve immediately.



I highly recommend eating this with sweet potato fries!

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment