Image Map

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Spooky Graveyard Puddings

I'm back WITCHES!!!! Get it, get it, huh??? Lame? Ok, ok, I know. After a two and a half year hiatus, I'm coming back! Why? Well, I missed my creative outlet and the drive it gave me to stretch and push myself and my skills. Plus, it was just plain fun. Two years ago I needed to eliminate anything that wasn't necessary for me to give my time to, but now both boys are in school and I'm ready to start investing time into something I enjoy again.


 I planned on coming back to you with a delicious sushi bowl, but I made these cuties and knew I had to share. They're easy, delicious and kids (and husbands) lose their minds over them!


I made these for our Friday family movie night. We were watching Hocus Pocus and these made me think of Billy. The boys loved it and I of course loved re-watching something from my childhood. It truly is a classic, at least in my opinion. Anything with Bette Midler is instantly a win in my book. 



Can't keep their hands off of them!!!


SPOOKY CHOCOLATE GRAVEYARD PUDDINGS
makes about 12 1 cup portions

Chocolate Stout CakeThe best one bowl chocolate cake in the history of the universe

Make 2-3 dozen cupcakes
or 3 8” round cakes
or 2 9” Round cakes
or 1 9x13 cake
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 cup dutch process cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup stout beer (Terrapin Liquid Bliss is my fav)
2 tablespoon espresso powder
½ cup vegetable oil
Preheat over to 350 F. Line Pans with parchment or butter and flour.
In a large bowl sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, beer, espresso powder and oil. Whisk wet into dry. Pour into pans and bake. Bake 30-35 minutes for round pans, 35-40 minutes for rectangle pans. Once cool, crumble the cake and set aside.
*To make it non alcoholic- omit espresso powder and swap beer for strong coffee.  
(I did this this time)

Faux Chocolate Mousse 
aka secret ingredient instant pudding

2 5.9 oz boxes instant pudding
3 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
In a large bowl, whisk both ingredients together.  Refrigerate for about 3 hours to overnight. That's it. No really. Yes, I'm serious. Oh, and don't tell anyone so they'll think you've made this goodness from scratch.


Gravestone Cookies

1 log of sugar cookie dough
1 tube of black decorating gel

Roll log into a tombstone shape, slice into cookies and freeze cookies for a minimum hour. (I totally forgot this step this time and they all lost their shape, baked into a huge blob and I had to cut them into the shape by hand) Bake frozen cookies according to regular directions. If you need to make any adjustments to the shape, do it while they're still warm on the pan. Allow to cool completely before decorating.

zombie hand cupcake toppers (these are the ones I ordered)
gummy worms (I used these because their our favorite)

Then, just layer them into the jars, starting with the cake crumbles, then pudding and more cake. Top with cookies, worms and hands. Refrigerate until ready to serve.




That's it! Easy and delicious!
I'll be back Monday with more deliciousness!!!
Happy Haunting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment