Image Map

Friday, October 27, 2017

coconut hazelnut chocolate iced coffee


HHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-eeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm back again. Twice in a week! Maybe it's because I'm all hopped up on coffeeeeeeeeeeee! I may have had enough that I thought my eyeballs were going to vibrate right out of their sockets yesterday.  Random fact about me, I very, very, very rarely drink hot coffee anymore. I'm iced coffee all year round. This one is a definite favorite of mine.  And, this flavor is one that works, year round too.


Now, you're going to think I'm nuts, but there is a serious flavor difference between cold brew and hot coffee that's been cooled then iced. For whatever reason it's seems sweeter and less acidic. At one point, I couldn't drink any coffee, because I became so nauseated, I could barely eat for the rest of the day. For whatever reason, cold brew usually does not affect me that same way. Maybe it's all in my head or maybe there is a reason to it, but for what ever reason, this is my go to coffee method. I just bought this cold brew maker a couple of weeks ago and I love it! I definitely recommend getting one if you love iced coffee year 'round.



Coconut Hazelnut Chocolate Iced Coffee:
serves 8-12

For Coconut Chocolate Hazelnut Syrup:

2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1 teaspoon coconut extract

Combine all ingredients, except extract, in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling remove from heat and stir in coconut extract. Allow to come to room temp before refrigerating.


For Cold Brew Coffee:

Use a 4 to 1 ratio for your brew.
For example, I use 4 cups water to 1 cup coffee for a small batch.

Place your coffee and water in a pitcher or jar and allow to sit at room temp for at least 12 hours. I tend to go a full 24. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter or cheesecloth. Be careful not to let any grounds through. I find it keeps up to week just fine.


For the Iced Coffee:

Pour coffee over ice, stir in syrup to taste and top off with coconut milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment