Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

Coconut Watermelon Pineapple Granita

I'm holding on tight onto summer. 
I made this frozen and fruity concoction so that I could pretend fall isn't nipping at our heels.


This one is easy, not so quick but hey, the best things cannot be rushed.
This was a perfect dessert for a hot summer evening.

And when I say easy, I mean EASY.
Put your ingredients in a blender, get it good a combined, pour it into a dish and pop into the freezer.


Freeze it for an hour and scrape. Wash, rinse and repeat four times. 
Ok, don't literally do that, but you get the idea. 


I could just dig in to that dish of watermelon! It is so so good. My boys loved it too, all three of them. 


Coconut Watermelon Pineapple Granita
Serves 6-8
(click to print)

Watermelon Granita:
3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
honey to taste.

Pineapple Granita:
2 cups of cubed fresh pineapple
honey to taste

Coconut Granita:
1 14 oz can of coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey

For each one, put the fruit and honey in a food processor, or blender. Pulse until there are no ore large pieces. Pour into a casserole dish or sheet pan and freeze for one hour, the take it out and scrap it with a fork and return to the freezer. Do this four times or more if needed. Serve immediately.

*You can see how quickly the coconut melts in my pictures.


Just imagine the fruity possibilities!

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment