Image Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Balsamic Barbecue Sauce

   Ever been to a restaurant and tried something so good that you had to recreate it? This Balsamic BBQ sauce was inspired by a trip to our favorite date spot. After I tried a pulled pork sandwich with a similar sauce, I had to rush home and try it. 
   It was the best sandwich I have ever eaten, but I wasn't as intimidated by the thought of recreating this one. This sauce seems close from what I can remember and it is so good. I put it on pulled pork the first time, but it was good on chicken and salmon too. It would probably be good on just about anything... a spoon... you finger... Whatever you chose to put it on, know that you will soon want to cover the world in it, maybe not, maybe that's just me... Probably is just me. 
Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
Yields approximately 1 cup
(Click here to print)

1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

In a sauce pan, over medium heat, stir together all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Once the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat and allow to cool.


xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment