Image Map

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Gift Guide the foodie in your life

   I decided to make you a list of all the fun things that I love in my kitchen. Many of them are basic staples that anyone who loves to cook would love to get, even if they already have one. You can never have to many tongs or whisks. Others are directed at a certain type of person, like the vanilla beans or matcha powder, but are the perfect gift for bakers and someone with adventurous taste. Of course, being the cookbook hoarder I am, I couldn't leave off a few cookbooks that I adore or want myself. Links are listed below and will take you straight to Amazon
Let's start with the gadgets:

Everyone needs a couple of good whisks. These three are my favorites.
OXO Good Grips Flat Whisk
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk

You can never have too many kitchen tongs!

I love love love my emersion blender! Soups, sauces, curries, whipped cream, there are so many things this little baby can do.

Anyone who make the habit of baking cakes or cupcakes needs a set of offset spatulas.
Set of 3 - Baker Icing Spatulas, Cake Decorating Baking Spatulas, 2 Stainless Steel Offset & 1 Straight Blade

A microplane, grates cheese and spices and zests citrus. I don't know how I went so long without one! 

A steamer set is a perfect gift for the cook who likes to experiment in the kitchen or likes to learn techniques from other parts of the world. 

A good dutch oven is a hot commodity in my kitchen, it can go from stove top to oven and back. 

Next up, fun ingredients:

Americolor Gel Paste is my favorite icing and cake batter coloring.

Matcha Powder is my go to smoothie additive, but I also love it in chia pudding, cakes, panna cotta and I even drink it like it's intended from time to time.

I have a hard time finding vanilla beans in my local stores so I order them in bulk. This would make a great unexpected gift for your favorite baker.

Another avid baker turned me onto vanilla paste a while ago and I haven't looked back. While a love fresh vanilla beans, the shelf life on this is longer, the price is lower and there is much less hassle. I still use extract in some things but this is my go to for full powerful vanilla lusciousness when fresh beans just won't work or aren't on hand.
Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Paste 4 oz

On to, the cookbooks:
Many of these cookbooks are on my want list or I already have them. I really recommend the five titles this year for the special baker/wannabe chef/foodie in your life:


Have fun shopping!
xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment